The Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care is designed for lead care practitioners to ensure that they have the knowledge and skills needed to practice effectively and begin to lead and manage others.
The information on this website is based on the City & Guilds qualification. Other awarding bodies offer the same qualification and, whilst the assessment criteria may be slightly different, the core requirements remain the same.
This qualification has 12 mandatory units.
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Advanced communication skills
- Personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Equality and diversity in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Facilitate person-centred assessment to support well-being of individuals
- Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support well being
- Understand personalisation in care and support services
- Health and safety in health and social care settings
- Professional practice in health and social care for adults or children and young people
- Safeguard children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Understand safeguarding and protection in health and social care settings