The Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care was developed for the senior care practitioner to obtain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in their role and progress to more advanced practice (e.g. the Level Diploma) or move into management.
Several awarding bodies offer this qualification and there are slight differences between them, but the core knowledge remains the same. This website is based on the City & Guilds qualification because this is one of the most popular courses.
This qualification has nine mandatory units and a large selection of optional units.
The mandatory units are:
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Promote personal development in care settings
- Duty of care in care settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Promote person-centred approaches in care settings
- Promote communication in care settings
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Promote health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Promote effective handling of information in care settings