This unit is part of the Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care and has the following learning outcomes and assessment criteria:
- Understand requirements for handling information in care settings.
- Be able to implement good practice in handling information.
- 2.1 Describe features of manual and electronic information storage systems that help ensure security.
- 2.2 Demonstrate practices that ensure security when storing and accessing information.
- 2.3 Maintain records that are up-to-date, complete, accurate and legible.
- 2.4 Support audit processes in line with own role and responsibilities.
- Be able to support others to handle information.