Qualification: T Level Technical Qualification in Health
Learning outcome: A2: The healthcare sector
Assessment criteria: A2.4 How the use of different developments in technology support the healthcare sector:
- Different developments in technology can help to support the healthcare sector
- Technology can refer to things like computers, mobile devices, apps etc.
- Examples of technology include:
- The NHS app – provides advice, repeat prescriptions, Covid vaccination passport etc.
- Couch to 5K app – sets up an individual plan to promote running as a form of exercise
- GP apps -there are various providers of apps for GPs to enable individuals to book appointments, view their medical records etc.
- Track and trace app – this app was used during the Covid19 pandemic to trace outbreaks of the virus and warn individuals that they may have been in contact with someone with the virus
- Voice synthesizers – can help individuals with conditions that affect their speech to communicate verbally
- 3D printing – e.g. instruments, prosthetics, surgical training etc.
- Robotic surgery can facilitate more precision
- Electromagnetic technologies such as X-ray and MRI scanning devices
- Implants such as pacemakers and cochlea implants