This unit is one of the Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care Optional Units and has the following learning outcomes and assessment criteria:
- 1. Understand the relevance of relationship theories to health and social care practice
- 2. Understand the impact of relationships and social networks on well-being and self esteem
- 2.1 Describe the benefits of supportive relationships and social networks for an individual’s wellbeing and self esteem
- 2.2 Describe the possible impact of difficult or dysfunctional relationships on an individual’s wellbeing and self esteem
- 2.3 Analyse the features of supportive relationships and dysfunctional relationships.
- 3. Understand factors that can influence the process of a relationship