Qualification: Level 4 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management for Adult Care (RQF)
Unit: Unit 2: Team Leadership in Adult Care
Learning outcome: 1 Understand team leadership in adult care
Assessment criteria: 1.1 Explain what constitutes a team in an adult care setting and the different roles within the team
- A team in an adult care setting is a group of people that share the same aims and objectives, usually to support an individual to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Team members can include:
- Care workers: responsible for providing the day-to-day care to clients
- Managers/leaders: responsible for planning and organisation
- Clients: responsible for providing information about their unique needs, wishes and preferences and participating in their care planning and delivery
- Client families: responsible for providing additional information about the client
- Healthcare professionals: responsible for providing specialised healthcare treatment or advice. Professionals include doctors, nurses, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists etc.