Qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
Unit: Professional practice in health and social care for adults or children and young people
Learning outcome: Understand theories, values, principles and statutory frameworks that underpin practice within health and social care
Assessment criteria: 1.2 Analyse how statutory frameworks underpin service provision
- Statutory frameworks are our legal obligations to the services we provide
- They dictate how care organisations must be ran to adhere to the law
- Examples include:
- The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 – rules and regulations that registered providers must comply with. Includes regulationson governance, staffing, dignity, personalisation,safeguarding etc.
- The Care Act 2014 – how assessments should be performed, safeguarding systems etc.
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 – how to promote rights and choices for individuals that may have diminished mental capacity
- Therefotre, statutory frameworks inform the way in which services are provided