This unit is one of the Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care Optional Units and has the following learning outcomes and assessment criteria:
- 1. Understand theories of management and leadership and their application to health and social
care or children and young people settings
- 1.1 Research theories of management and leadership
- 1.2 Analyse how theoretical models of management and leadership can be applied to a range of situations in a work setting
- 1.3 Analyse how the values and cultural context of an organisation influence the application of management and leadership models.
- 2. Understand the relationship between professional management and leadership
- 3. Understand the skills of professional management and leadership in health and social care or
children and young people’s settings
- 3.1 Analyse the skills required to be an: a. effective manager b. effective leader
- 3.2 Explain why managers in health and social care or children and young peoples settings need both management and leadership skills
- 3.3 Analyse how leadership skills can influence the values of an organisation
- 3.4 Explain why leadership styles may need to be adapted to manage different situations.
- 4. Understand the impact of policy drivers on professional management and leadership in health and social care or children and young people’s services