This unit is one of the Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care Optional Units and has the following learning outcomes and assessment criteria:
- 1. Understand behaviours in adult care
- 1.1 Describe the behaviours expected of an adult care practitioner carrying out their role
- 1.2 Explain the responsibility of an adult care practitioner to promote care practice that is: a. compassionate b. courageous c. respectful of others d. based on effective communication with others e. inclusive
- 1.3 Analyse the application of person centred care within their adult care role
- 1.4 Critically review their development and application of expected behaviours within their adult care role with others
- 2. Be able to demonstrate behaviours required in adult care
- 2.1 Implement a culture that actively promotes high levels of: a. care b. compassion c. courage d. competence e. commitment f. communication g. dignity and respect h. inclusion
- 2.2 Apply person centred approaches to improve the experience of individuals requiring care.
- 2.3 Provide leadership and mentoring to others to promote and support behaviours required in adult care.