Qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
Unit: Equality and diversity in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
Learning outcome: Understand equality, diversity and inclusion
Assessment criteria: 1.2 Evaluate how legislation, codes of practice and policies and procedures relating to equality, diversity and inclusion apply to own work role
- Legislation applies to everyone
- Policies and procedures are the ways that your employer wants you to work and ensures that you adhere to legislation
- Codes of practice are sector-specific attitudes and behaviours that promote working within the boundaries of legislation
- Access your employer’s agreed ways of working and identify policies and procedures that relate to equality, diversity and inclusion. Which specific areas of these policies relate directly to your own work role? Do they comply with current legislation?
- Look at the Code of Conduct for Adult Care Support Workers (Skills for Care). Which areas of the code relate to equality, diversity and inclusion?