This unit is part of the Level 4 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management for Adult Care (RQF) and has the following learning outcomes and assessment criteria:
- 1 Understand the management of concerns and complaints
- 1.1 Analyse the links between the management of concerns/complaints, risk management and safeguarding
- 1.2 Explain regulatory requirements, codes of practice and guidance for managing concerns and complaints
- 1.3 Explain why those using services may be reluctant to raise concerns or make complaints and illustrate ways to support them to do so
- 1.4 Explain systems and their relevant practices that help to ensure concerns and complaints are addressed affectively
- 1.5 Describe the potential impact of failing to work with systems that ensure concerns and complaints are addressed effectively.
- 1.6 Explain the manager’s role in supporting team members to deal with concerns and complaints