Qualification: Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 3.6: Develop emergent mathematical skills of children
Learning outcome: 7 Be able to review how planned activities support children’s emergent mathematical development
Assessment criteria: 7.3 Make recommendations for meeting children’s emergent mathematical needs
- Having evaluated an activity that supports a child’s emergent mathematical development, you should make recommendations about how future activities can support their development further
- For each child you should consider:
- Their abilities, strengths and areas for improvement
- Whether they found the activity easy or challenging
- How much support did they need?
- Was the child engaged in the activity?
- Did the child enjoy the activity?
- How could the activity or future activities be improved for the child?
- What are the next steps for the child?