Qualification: Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Unit: Unit 1.2: Support healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
Learning outcome: 2. Understand inclusive practice in relation to the use of provision for children’s exercise
Assessment criteria: 2.1 Evaluate a local indoor provision in relation to inclusive practice
- Make notes of the good points and bad points of an indoor provision in relation to inclusive practice
- Inclusive practice means all children able to and encouraged to participate
- Are there any barriers to children’s participation and how can they be overcome? e.g.
- Physical – a child in a wheelchair unable to access a room because the doorway is too narrow for their wheelchair
- Social – a child being excluded by their peers.
- Emotional – a child is shy